What's new in Teenage Lawnmower v 1.15 beta 1
- Weed Killer special item added
- The DirectMusic based sound system was completely replaced with FMOD, this appears to give much better performance on levels with many 3d sounds, such as the falling boulder levels.
- Added button highlights with sound effect to the main menu
- Added button flash effect to make it more clear what you clicked
- Added cancel button to difficulty selection menu
- Added "video options" button to the configuration menu
- 800 X 600 is now the smallest resolution you can choose (GUI won't show correctly smaller than that)
- Higher resolutions are now supported better by the GUI
- Added a forward/backward button to the joystick support, pressing up/down on a controller was too hard on some controllers
- Sound on Sound Blaster Audigy cards improved
- Default difficulty changed from easy to normal
- If you enter a blank name while starting a game it just cals you "stranger" instead nothing.
- Fixed some misc typos in the storyline
- The mouse now remembers it's position, so you can move it off the screen to visually get rid of it if you're playing with the gamepad
- Mole model tweaked
- Camera can't go behind a wall of trees at Eve's house
- ENTER key can now be used for key re-mapping
- Touched up a few characters to make them less "poser"
- Converted some larger sound files to .ogg to save space
- Added new sfx when mowing is successfully completed
- Gamepad controls improved, added forward/reverse buttons you can use in additional to up/down
- Mutes sound when losing focus
- Lightning will no longer knock the player over walls, wasn't really fair
- Object/Object collision detection is now much faster, using the SphereTree method from Game Programming Gems.
- Many misc engine improvements, resource handling improved.
- No longer causes your modem to dial-up to check for updates. (thanks to Steve Verreault)
-- Removed Features --
Modding support removed, unfortunately various engine changes made it necessary to drop the support considering barely any mods were made. Save it for the next game, guys. :)
-- BUGFIXES --
BUGFIX: Fixed bug in sprite rendering code that caused things to be disorted by 1 pixel
BUGFIX: Now properly disappears if you hit escape to cancel the escape menu while mowing
BUGFIX: Fixed laggy mouse problem that some systems had in fullscreen, vsynced mode
BUGFIX: Fixed Z-fighting problem on some cards (very new ATI cards without W buffer support especially)
new in version 1.09:
- Many engine improvements
- Objects can be knocked over fences
- Added gamepad/joystick support
- Added Sync on/off button (options menu)
- Added Toggle windowed button (options menu)
- Main menu can be controlled with joystick or keyboard also now
- Conversations will autoscroll if you try to choose without reading
- Textbox clicking feels a bit better
new in version 1.06:
- Added script command EntPicRenderText() to render unicode fonts
over a picture
- Sound processing takes less cycles
- Fixed crash when changing resolution after a MOD was loaded
- Mods load faster
- Font code improved to be more reliable across all Windows versions
- Made the demo download a bit smaller to reduce bandwidth
new in version 1.05:
support for running user made levels/mods! (MODS) (TLM Level Editor
available as a separate download from www.rtsoft.com)
"-windowed" parm support to startup in a window
font quirks on some 98 systems
some typos in the game story
corrupted saved games gracefully
new in version 1.01:
mower can turn in place - (you don't have to be pressing forward
or backwards) - a lot of people requested (especially Justin Martin)
- it's a poor substitute for using V and backing up for complex
maneuvers but should really help new players not get frustrated
with the controls.
engine key is remappable - Some people wanted to try their Quake
keys to control and the S key being start/stop was in the way.
keypad now works correctly with keyboard mapping.
2003 - Robinson Technologies. All rights reserved.